Saturday, May 30, 2009

We leave on Tuesday.....

We are leaving for Chicago on Tuesday. I cannot wait to get away for a few days. Things have been a little stressful and I need a break. I am behind on getting my business setup and found out today that our town's 4th of July celebration will happen on the 3rd, not the 4th. I need this vacation to re-focus my efforts on getting everything done.

We lost one of our floral coolers this week (my wife owns a floral shop). It went from 35 degrees to 80 degrees in a matter of 5 days. We have no idea what is wrong with it. I had someone look at it, but he didn't really seem interested in troubleshooting it and thought it might be a bad compressor. Spoke to a retired refrigeration guy and he is going to hook us up and try to fix it on Monday. That will be a life saver because a new cooler is $3500 and a new compressor is around $800 before paying someone to put it in.

We will be at Hot Dog University on Thursday and Friday. I will try to post some pictures and possibly video of maybe the factory tour and some of the class. I was nervous to go and do this, but realized that it is the most important investment I can make. I can buy any old cart but getting a great education on running my business is pretty much priceless.

I'm still working on getting my website fixed up and getting a logo. I need to get the latest version of iLife (iLife 09) for my Macbook because it has a newer version of iWeb and I can use it to build the site. Problem is that I don't really have the $79 to buy it. Trying to find someone who bought a family edition and see if they will let me install it for a small fee. I would pay someone to create the site, but I know how and can save some money by doing it on the Macbook.

Still looking to get a Kodak Zi6 video camera before our trip. Not sure that it is going to happen, but maybe I can find something to sell so I can buy it. I found it for $139 at Walmart, but again that is more money than I currently have. I still have a couple of days so maybe I can come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment