Monday, June 1, 2009

Flying away....................

I'm kinda freaking out. I'm not a "good" flyer and already having serious anxiety about it. I like looking out the window when at altitude and LOVE landing, but taking off is what freaks me out. Why? I have no idea. It used to be that everything freaked me out, but now it is just take off. This is the 4th time I've taken a trip flying on a plane (Round Trip to Vegas and 2 RTs to San Jose), so I still don't have very much experience. I would love to get over the issue with take offs, but guess I need more flight time. I usually take something to help me, but it makes me VERY sleepy. Our flight is only 2 1/2 hours long, so I will have to make sure and have the wife wake me up when we land. We really need those high speed trains like they have in Japan. That would be my prefered way to travel!

We went and bought my Kodak Zi6 video camera today. It is really cool and came with a tripod, extra batteries, camera bag, and cleaner kit. I will hopefully get some good video of Chicago and upload it here. It seems funny but I think it is easier to say what I am thinking on video then having to type it out.

I might be getting a secondary cart to help with catering and/or setting up in Austin. If the cart is still available, then we will be going to get it after we land on Saturday. The cart is in Brownsville, but it will only take 4 or 5 hours to get there. The cart is cheap enough that it makes good sense to go get it. Plus, another family member offered to pay for the cart to help us out. We were talking to this person today and the offer came out of nowhere. I'm not sure the seller still has the cart, but I am hoping so. If not, I might try to find an indoor cart instead.

Will hopefully post my first video blog later on Tuesday night. We plan on going to do a little sight seeing before we can check in at 3pm. Kinda sucks because we will be landing at 8:45am. There really wasn't any way around it, so we will make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment