Thursday, May 14, 2009

Suppliers and supplies and whatever

Going to the new Restaurant Depot tomorrow to get my membership setup and to look around. I'm hoping that this place has everything that I need. Haven't ever been to one, but was told it is like Costco but for restaurants only. I have looked at some of their specials and it seems like they are cheaper than most of the foodservice companies in this area.

I did check out Mission Restaurant Supply and they have tons of cool stuff, including a pickle picker. It looks just like an ink pen, but has a 4 prong hook inside of it. It looks like a parts picker that you use for small screws. I thought about buying one, but will wait until we go to buy all of the stuff. They also had my pans for $16 each and $4 for the lids...but the wife wants me to buy the hinged lid pans. Not sure if I want to go that route because if the pan gets damaged then I have to chunk the whole thing.

I got a catalog in the mail and it has tons of cool stuff also. If I had tons of money I would buy it all and really set myself up, but we have to make due with what we have.

I do have some decorations for my little inside area and will be looking for more. Mostly, I want to put up old hot dog vendor signs and old vinyl albums. I have a neon guitar wall clock to put up that the wife gave me years ago. Guess I finally found a really good place to hang it.

Working on some t-shirts and other stuff and an online store to buy them from. We have a couple of funny ones that are mild humor and a few racy ones. Not sure how the racy ones will go over in our little town, but they will be a hit in Austin. The problem I face now is that we still need to get a logo made and need to get the shirts designed. I used to be really good at Photoshop, but haven't used it in a couple of years.

Found an ice maker, but I am going to wait and probably buy a little bigger one so that I can bag the excess ice. I found a 25lb a day maker for $380, but I'm not sure if it will be big enough. I did find a 55lb a day for $700. Might be a better deal since they will come hook it up and it comes with a warranty.

Having a garage sale this weekend. We need the money to pay bills and to pay for our trip. I think we have the money to go, but no money to eat or have fun with. We are actually going to spend from Monday to Friday in Chicago when we go in June. We were going to go Tuesday thru Saturday, but my grandmother's birthday party is on Saturday and I really want to go. This trip will not only be a "working" vacation, but also a honeymoon for us after 4 years of marriage. I've never taken the wife on a honeymoon, so this will have to count.....for now. Can't wait to go. Getting more excited everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment