Monday, February 1, 2010

Changes….

Changed prices tonight.  Had to raise all the prices.  Costs are going up and I have to make sure that we aren’t losing money.  I hated to do it, but really didn’t have a choice.  I could carry a cheaper hot dog, but would rather charge a little more for a much better product.  Will have to wait and see what the customers think.  Could backfire on me, but I think that most people will understand and be fine with it. 

Still working on Austin.  Have a meeting on Wednesday with the city.  Will find out about the additional spot that I found.  Hopefully it will work and we can get it.

We are (I say “We”, but I really mean my business partner Josh) adding a grill to the new cart.  Will have to find out exactly what we can do with it.  I really want to do something with Polish Sausage and have an idea, but will have to figure out the costs.  We will have other options with the grill and I am excited to try a few different things that we aren’t currently doing.

Will find out on Wednesday if we can use my current propane cart in Austin.  It is actually too big, according to the cities specs, but might be able to get a variance on part of it.  If they will give me 6”, then we can remove part of the trailer (tongue) and make it detachable.  The reason for the size limitation is that they don’t want you in another vendors space…..but vendors can’t be right next to each other.  Who knows. 

I did find a wonderful cart up in the Dallas area.  It is all enclosed and is pretty much perfect.  If my propane cart can’t get a variance, I will sell it and then go buy this other one.  The other issue is that I will have to see if Austin will approve that one also.  Hope that we can get one of them approved.

 

On a personal note, I am considering a run for city council in Bastrop.  I have been thinking about it for 4 years now and this might be the year to do it.  I am waiting to see who is running before I turn in my paperwork.  Will also need to find someone that can help with my campaign.  I think that being a business owner and meeting tons of people in my 5 years here, will help me with the election.  I really want to help this town become the best it can be and being on city council will give me a little power to make change.

 

Will be open the rest of the week, rain or shine.  Hope to make some new customers and continue to get my regulars in.

No comments:

Post a Comment