Friday, January 29, 2010

Name has been changed to .......

Changed the blog name.  I just like it better.  Plus, my business is not all going to be about hot dogs.  We are exploring other opportunities in the mobile food world.  I will still sell hot dogs, but might be selling a lot more than that.  Plus, this blog is about me and not necessarily just my hot dog cart.

Have been tempted to change my blog over to Wordpress.  Figured out that half of the features that Blogspot has, Wordpress charges for.  Guess we are staying here for a while.

Closed today because of the weather.  Not wanting to brave the 40 degree temps and rain.  Heat is still an issue in the building and probably won't get fixed until sometime in the late summer.


We are expanding the business into Austin....and I don't mean "sometime in the future".  We have a new cart and spot in Downtown Austin.  Will be working on all the logistics of it this week and next.  We hope to open sometime after Valentine's Day.  I wanted to open before, but will need to help the wife at her flower shop.  I will post updates once we have a date set.  *(By "We", I mean my business partner and I )

I will be working this downtown spot, once we open.  I plan on only working it for a couple of weeks so that we can iron out any kinks.  During the second week, we will train a couple of people to take over the spot and work it for us.  I would stay and work, but will still have Bastrop to run and any other new spot we open.  Doesn't bother me.  I know that the spot will run smooth if I work it first.

We aren't stopping with the one spot in Austin.  Have a meeting today to find out if my propane cart can be used in Austin and have another meeting next Wednesday about a night time spot in Downtown Austin.  We are moving full steam ahead on this.  I do have a new business partner on this and that is why we are expanding so quick. 

We have other ideas besides hot dogs and those will have to gain approval from the city of Austin.  I'm sure they will be fine with it, but you never know.  If they approve it, we will start working on plans to make those items available also.  This seems like a lot at one time but if you don't move quick, someone else will.

My business partner is someone I know and trust.  He has experience in the food service industry and we are usually on the same page.  We both know how to work in a partnership like this and have tons of respect for each others knowledge and drive.  If I had to pick the one person to open a business with, it would be him.


Had to pay another $150 for my health permit in Bastrop.  That probably sounds familiar...it should, I just did it back in October.  Unfortunately the county doesn't prorate anything.  If you get a permit, it is for January thru December....no matter when you paid for it.  Oh well, at least we are legal.

Still need help in getting my free sandwich table up and running.  Will try to work on it this weekend and hopefully figure something out.  If not, I might just sell it and find something else.

Business has been steady this week.  Had two days of 2pm rushes and then two days of 12pm rushes.  Not sure why.  I do know that there is only 3 of us restaurants open after 2pm now.  Works for me!

I have updated the website in regards to the Austin location.  No menu or prices up yet.  Still working on that.  Take a look at the new logos on the site and let me know what you think....I'm envisioning t-shirts!
www.franksrocks.com

Might be closed on Saturday, will post on my Facebook or Twitter if we decide to open.

No comments:

Post a Comment