Sunday, August 9, 2009

Part timing it might be the best option

Might be only going part time because of a regular job opportunity that has come up. It won't be a problem because we will just hire someone to work during the week. Who wouldn't want to work for 4 hours a day?

Should know something in the next week or so about this job. It is in our town and I won't have that wonderful drive to Austin everyday. It is a job I've wanted for a couple of years and will hopefully be getting an interview for it this week. I am more than qualified for the position and the benefits are amazing! More info when I know something......

Still working on my catering bids...been hard because we need to get the cost down. I think we have it down enough now and will just need to finalize the bid. The catering part of the business is a great way to make some money, but is really hard because everyone has a budget that you need to stay at. If someone said, "Just do your normal thing and I will pay for it" then things would be wonderful and I would make lots of money....they don't do that in the real world! I have to pinch pennies or I don't make a dime!

My competition has now decided to start making Chicago Dogs. Funny how they didn't do that until I started talking about it. They are also selling "Gourmet" hot dogs. Hope they really are "gourmet" or that will cause them to lose some business. Can't lie about things like that and then think that people will forgive you for it later. Good luck to them.

I am going to finish the kitchen this week. If I ever want to open, that has to be done. Once that is done then the other areas should be easy to finish.

I am working on a drawing of how our dining room area will eventually be setup. I want to make it look like a patio and have some wood railings setup around it with planter boxes. I basically want it to look like a Chicago style outdoor patio restaurant...but have it inside. I think that will really bring the customers in and we might even extend the hours to dinner time if it works out.

I don't see why we couldn't compete with the local restaurants for dinner...especially if we start serving soups and chili. We would only need to make a dinner menu that was a little less "fast food". I have thought about this before and think that we could really do it. I will just need to figure out what else we can serve (can't be anything fried) that people will want...maybe some hot sandwiches....like an Italian beef or a Philly Cheese. We could also carry some exotic sausages. Will have to keep thinking about that one.

Started thinking about our Grand Opening event again. Will need to try and plan that party soon. I have so many other things going on, but this will be important to getting the word out about our place.

No word on the hot dog eating contest. My rep has been having problems with his email. Will need to call him tomorrow to find out if we can still do this. I have to start getting sponsors for this within the next few weeks.

Will hopefully have more info on everything this week and post again. Had a bad week and didn't get a chance to post. I am also going to stop posting personal items here because I am starting another blog. I think it is best to separate my working life with my personal life....especially since this blog is supposed to be about my working life. I will post the link here once that blog is up and running.

Oh, I forgot to rant about something!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel Ray has no idea what a good hot dog is. Yes, I said it! She picked Bar S hot dogs as the best in her little test. Those are the cheapy hot dogs that Walmart sells for next to nothing. Is she out of her mind? I think she needs to go back and test some real hot dogs and then tell us what she thinks. Here is the link to her top hot dogs: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news&id=6148063

Notice that she doesn't have Vienna Beef on the list. Maybe if she ate a real hot dog, then she wouldn't have Bar S as her #1. I did notice that this came from her magazine and that she might not have actually tasted any of the hot dogs....not my problem. She put her name on the magazine so in my opinion, she made the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment