Thursday, September 17, 2009

Quick update....don't get excited just yet!

Nothing new.  Still working on the kitchen.  The fun never ends.

We are still considering turning this "cart" business into a full blown restaurant.  We figured that since our permit allows it, why not.  Will need to start buying up equipment so I can steam my hot dogs and buns indoors.  Will be using electric steam pans because gas is expensive and can't use propane inside.  We also have to buy up some soup kettles for this winter time.  I think that making this into an actual restaurant will be the best thing in the long run.  Not only will it increase our bottom line, but it will also free-up the cart for catering jobs.  We just lost another restaurant in the downtown area, so this is the right time to strike.  Still not sure if I can talk myself into working from 11am to 7pm everyday.  Bribes might be in order!


Finally got rid of the old flower cooler that my wife had in the back room.  It was going to cost us a fortune to fix it and we only used it 2 or 3 times a year.  There is so much room now that we shouldn't have a problem storing all of her floral supplies.  I am also making sure that we have room for her to work.  She deserves a good place to do flowers....just because she puts up with my crap and has given me half her room to build my kitchen.  She is the greatest!

Had some special business cards built.  Can't post a picture because they are super special and actually have the logo and our other "web address logo" on the front.  How is that possible?  The are very special and you have to move them back and forth to see both images.  They are for a special project.  What special project?  Not telling just yet.....you have to wait.  Don't want to spoil any surprises, but it will be really cool and not everyone will get one!  And those who do get one will be privy to special "events".

Should know something soon about this other catering job that came up.  I think they are waiting for me to open so I can serve food.  Have not heard anything else, but they are getting ready for their event.  Will hopefully find out something this week or early next week.

Found out about another event in late November.  We have been to it before, as guests, and my wife and her mother used to donate a Christmas tree to it every year.  It is a charity event for a local children's advocacy center and people bid on donated Christmas trees.  They also need people to serve food and we are thinking about doing it.  I will need to check with them today and hopefully we can get signed up.  We have to give away free food, but I think that it will expose us to a different clientele than we will normally have.  Should help us thru the winter months!

Still trying to find someone who can print some shirts.  I tried getting one thru VistaPrint and it sucks.  Still waiting on my refund from them.  Hopefully I can find a screen printer that will hook me up with a discount.


Gotta get some sleep so I can finish working on my kitchen.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but damn that tunnel is long!

No comments:

Post a Comment